Easter for 10 People for $10.00
Here are the how-to details on hosting your Easter meal for 10 people – for only $10. Plus, I’ve got tips for you on how you can save 75% every time you visit the grocery store.
With regular couponing, serve this beautiful brunch to 10 people – for only $10
- Entrée: Classic Easter Ham on sale for $0.88 per Lb. Total
- Side dishes: Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Everyone’s Favorite Green Bean Casserole, Pear & Gorgonzola Salad, Hot Buttered Rolls
- All the extras: Pomegranate Spritzers to drink and Funfetti Easter Cookies for dessert
- 5lb. of Classic Easter Ham on sale for $0.88 per Lb. Total: $4.40
- Instant Loaded Mashed potatoes on sale for $0.75 per package. I had four $0.75/1 coupons. Total: FREE
- Everyone’s Favorite Green Bean Casserole: four cans of cream of mushroom soup, three packages of frozen green beans andtwo bags of french fried onions. After sales and coupons the green beans were $1, the cream of mushroom soup was $1.25 and the french fried onions were FREE! Total: $2.25
- Pear and gorgonzola salad kits were on sale for $2.50 per bag. I had three $2.00/1 coupons. Total:$1.50
- Hot buttered rolls were on sale for $3.00 for 24 rolls. I had a $1.00/1 coupon that doubled to $2.00/1. Total: $1.00
- Funfetti Cookies. The cake mix that I made the cookies with was on sale for $1.00. I had a coupon$0.50/1 coupon that doubled to $1.00/1. Total:FREE
- POM spritzers. 8oz POM juice was on sale for $1.00. I had 4 $1.00/1 coupons making the POM FREE. The mineral water was on sale for $1.99. I had a $1.00/1 coupon that doubles to $2.00/1 making it FREE! Total: FREE
Saving money goes beyond big holiday meals; it’s a way of life that can save you up to 75 percent off their grocery bill. FreeCoupons.com recommends the following tips to smart couponing:
- Stick with it: You may not see immediate results from couponing. It takes a few months to build your stockpile of goods. Typically, couponers will start to save 60 percent on their grocery bill after three months, and 70-75 percent after six months.
- Get into a groove: Sales typically run in a three month cycle. For example, if boneless skinless chicken breasts go on sale for $1.99 per pound in January, chances are you’ll see the same sale again in April. Stock up!
- Stock up: Hot sales come right before and after the holidays. You will never beat a sale on cranberry sauce like you do right before Thanksgiving or sugar cookies right before Christmas, so stock up. Make sure to collect coupons for the items that you know will go on sale so that when they do, you can double your savings.
- Make it a way of life: Prioritize the time to save money. Think of it as a lucrative hobby. If you do a little bit at a time – and you are consistent – it will really add up.
- Keep it simple: No need to thumb through countless circulars and print ads looking for the best deals. Visit FreeCoupons.com and get VIP coupons sent directly to your inbox. From there, you can select the ones you want and print right in your own home.