Natural Remedies for Bug Bites
Posted on Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 at 11:55 am
Summer has arrived! Unfortunately, so have the pesky bugs, and they are out in full force. Once you get bit, it is only normal to scratch the bites. However, scratching the bites with your dirty hands only fuels the fire. Try to avoid scratching if at all possible. Not sure how to ease the itch? Check out these all-natural remedies for mosquito bites!
10 Quick and Easy Remedies
- Mix baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) with enough water to make a paste and apply it to the bite.
- Rub a piece of freshly-cut onion on the bite.
- Dab some all-natural peppermint toothpaste on the bite to soothe the itch.
- Apply tea tree or lavender oil on the bites. (You can find both oils at a health food store near you).
- Rub a banana peel on the bites to stop the itch.
- Lemon juice can relieve the itch; although only apply a little to avoid the sting.
- After moistening the area, put table salt on the bite.
- Applying raw honey on bites can help with the itch.
- Dab some all-natural apple vinegar on the bite.
- Sometimes rubbing a dry bar of all-natural soap can relieve the itch.
Want to grab a few all-natural mosquito bite remedies at the store to keep around the house during the summer months? Give a few of these top relief products a try!
Burt’s Bees Bug Bite Relief
This balm quickly soothes itchy bug bites, and relieves the pain. This product is made with camphor, and menthol as well as an all-natural blend of essential oils including lemongrass, thyme, lavender, and orange.
Fairy Secrets Pain Relief Spray
This is an all- natural product that relieves the pain and stops the itch with ingredients such as Eucalyptus Oil, Aloe Vera, Grapeseed Oil, and Jojoba.
Nelsons Sting Care
Nelsons Sting Gel for insect bites is a healing and soothing homeopathic remedy that provides relief to insect bites and stings. Natural ingredients are extracted directly from plants or animals as opposed to being made synthetically.
Good luck staying bite free! If an insect gets to you, treat your skin to an all-natural approach to itch and pain relief.