All-Natural, DIY Lip Moisturizers
Posted on Monday, July 8th, 2013 at 8:00 am
Chapped lips are hard to avoid throughout the summer months. This is because the skin on your lips is very thin. Lips do not contain sweat glands or hair follicles, so they aren’t as protected as the rest of your body. Natural remedies for dry and cracked lips are usually sought out by those who are either allergic to factory-produced remedies or those who live an all-natural lifestyle. Check out these top 5 all-natural lip remedies to try out during the heat waves!
- Honey. Lightly brush your lips with honey. This will hydrate your lips and make dry skin disappear.
- A frozen grape with sugar. Cut the grape in half. Put a pinch of sugar on it and rub it over the lips. The dual action of the acids and exfoliation help keep lips smooth.
- Olive oil. Smooth the oil on your damaged lips at night before hitting the hay and wake up with healthier lips.
- Lemon and sugar. Use half a lemon, dip in sugar, and rub on chapped lips. Rinse in ice-cold water for smooth and soft lips.
- Cucumber slices. Cold cucumber slices can relieve dryness of lips and make them feel rejuvenated.
If you are hitting the store and want to pick up a few lip balms, try these natural brands:
Kiss My Face Organic Lip Care
This lip moisturizer works to keep your lips smooth, and chap-free (don’t forget utterly kissable!) through the blistery months ahead.
Burt’s Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Açaí Berry
This goes on colorless while repairing your damaged lips from the elements. The berry-colored cap is to let you know it contains the latest superfruit, Açaí Berry, which has tons of fighting antioxidants and is really great for your skin.