Simple Super Bowl Party Food
Posted on Friday, January 24th, 2014 at 7:00 am
What will you be serving at your Super Bowl Party? Ideally, you will want to serve “finger foods” that are easy to eat while watching the big game. Here are some recipes to try that are very simple to make and that use inexpensive ingredients.
4 Finger-Food Recipes for Super Bowl
Kielbasa for the Super Bowl
This incredibly simple crockpot recipe came from AllRecipes.com You will need:
* 4 pounds of kielbasa (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
* 1 jar of grape jelly (18 ounces)
* 2 bottles of barbeque sauce (18 ounce bottles)
Put the cut kielbasa into your crockpot. Add the grape jelly and the barbeque sauce. Stir. Cook on medium heat for about 2 hours (or until hot). Serve!
5-Layer Mexican Dip
This recipe came from KraftRecipes.com. It is a dip for tortilla chips. You will need:
* 1 can of refried black beans (15 1/2 ounce can)
* 1 tablespoon of chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
* 1 cup of sour cream
* 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
* 3 green onions (sliced)
* 1/3 cup black olives (sliced)
* 1 tomato (chopped)
* 1 big bag of tortilla chips
Mix the beans, chili powder, and cumin together. Spread the mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Top it with layers of the other ingredients. Refrigerate it for several hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Easy Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches
This recipe came from Food.com. It is a really easy way to make pulled barbeque chicken sandwiches. You will need:
* 1 or 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
* 1 jar of barbeque sauce (18 ounce jar)
* 1 medium sweet onion (sliced)
* 4 to 6 hamburger buns
Remove the fat from the chicken. Put the chicken into your crockpot. Place the onion slices on top of the chicken. Pour the barbeque sauce over the chicken and onions (enough to cover it). Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork and knife. Scoop some onto each hamburger bun.
Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Sausages
Our Best Bites has an easy recipe that will turn cocktail sausages into something spectacular! You will need:
* 1 package of Lit’l Smokies (14 ounces)
* 1 package of lean bacon (12 ounces)
* 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
Preheat your oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut the slab of bacon into thirds. Wrap 1/3 of each slice of bacon around each sausage. Secure it with a toothpick. Place it on the baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar over the baking sheet of bacon wrapped sausages. Bake at 325 for 40 to 45 minutes (or until the bacon is cooked and starting to brown).