Does your school require a dress code or school uniform? If so, here are some ways to save.
- Check your mailbox. A couple of days ago, I got a coupon from Sears that was good on Dockers for kids.
- Shop online with a coupon code. There are several codes available right now, from free shipping at Walmart to $10 off $75 at Cookies.
- Swap or borrow from a friend. Kids outgrow their uniforms so quickly, why not swap sizes with parents of kids that go to the same school?
- Shop used. Many children’s consignment or outgrown sales have plenty of appropriate dress code clothing and uniforms, often discounted pretty heavily.
- Check last year’s lost and found. Your school may have some sweaters and other uniform components that were never claimed from last year. Some schools sell these items, some donate them and some will give them to you for the asking.