Save Money on School Supplies
Posted on Monday, July 15th, 2013 at 7:00 am
It’s the middle of July, and it definitely feels like summer. Even so, the Back to School sales are starting! Many parents look forward to the start of the new school year, but hate the expense of the school supplies. Here are some tips to help you save money on Back to School shopping.
Staples Savings Pass
Do yourself a favor, and pick up the Back to School Savings Pass from Staples. You pay $10.00 to get the pass. In return, you get 15% off the school supplies you purchase, every day, from now through August 31, 2013. You can use the Pass once per day. Check their list of eligible products that you can save on when you use the Back to School Savings Pass. There are plenty!
They are having a Back to School sale that will last through July 20, 2013. You need to have the CVS ExtraCare Card to get the best savings. It includes:
* Sharpie fine point permanent markers – Buy 1 (at $7.99) Get 1 Free.
* Paper Mate Pens – Buy 1 Get 1 Free.
* You get $3.00 Extrabucks Rewards when you spend $10.00 on Sharpie or Paper Mate.
* Caliber 1-subject notebook sheets – Buy 1 Get 1 Free
* Pilot G2 Pen – Buy 1 Get 1 Free
* Spend $10.00 on any Crayola product and get $3.00 Extrabucks rewards.
Target also is having a Back to School sale this week. It will end on July 20, 2013. Look for their Up&Up brand of school supplies to get the best savings. Here are some of the deals with that brand:
* 1-Hole pencil sharpener – $0.50
* 100-count ruled index cards 3×5 inch – $0.50
* 1-subject notebook, wide ruled, 100 sheets – $1.75
* 1-subject notebook, college ruled, 100 sheets – $1.75
* wooden barrel yellow pencils, 24-count – $1.00
* .7mm mechanical pencils, 8-count – $1.00
* .5mm mechanical pencils, 8-count – $1.00
* Target also has Sharpie Tank highlighters, 3-count, for Buy 1, Get 1 for $1.00.
* All kids licensed or Pet Pal backpacks are $13.00 each this week.