Non-Alcoholic Valentine’s Day Drinks
Posted on Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 at 7:00 am
Holiday celebrations often involve food and drink. Couples tend to go out for dinner on Valentine’s Day. There are families who like to celebrate Valentine’s Day together. One way to do that is with some special Valentine’s Day drinks. The following recipes are non-alcoholic and kid-friendly.
Better Homes and Gardens has a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade that makes 8 servings. You will need:
* 1 1/2 cups of sugar
* 4 cups of water
* 2 cups of fresh strawberries (hulled)
* 1 tablespoon of finely shredded lemon peel
* 1 cup of lemon juice (This requires about 4 to 5 lemons)
Get a saucepan. Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water. Cook over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Set this aside to cool. Get a blender. Combine the remaining 3 cups of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, the strawberries, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Blend. Stir as needed. Fill a pitcher with crushed ice, and pour the mixture into it.
Fresh Grapefruit Juice Smoothie
This recipe came from AllRecipes.com. It is a pink, fruit flavored, sweet drink that fits right into Valentine’s Day. You will need:
* 1 1/3 cups of fresh red grapefruit juice
* 8 large strawberries
* 2 medium bananas (sliced)
* 1 container of strawberry-banana yogurt (8 ounce)
* 2 tablespoons of honey
* 1 cup of ice (crushed)
Put the grapefruit juice, strawberries, bananas, yogurt, honey, and ice into a blender. Cover it. Blend until it is smooth. Serve!
Martha Stewart has a recipe for a bright red Cranberry Sparkler. You will need to make one drink:
* 1 1/2 ounces of blackberry puree
* 2 ounces of white cranberry juice
* 2 to 3 ounces of sparkling water
* 1 spring of mint (for garnish)
Put the blackberry puree and cranberry juice into a champagne flute. Add sparkling water to fill. Garnish the drink with a spring of mint. Repeat the process to make more drinks.
The recipe for this drink, with the funny name, comes from Kraft. It is a dark pink color. You will need:
* 5 cups of cold water
* 1 or 2 packets of Crystal Light Classic Orange Flavor Drink Mix
* 2 cups of low-calorie cranberry raspberry drink
* 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
Get a large pitcher. Add water to the drink mix. Stir until it is dissolved. Add in the remaining ingredients. Kraft suggests that you serve this over ice, or refrigerate it until you are ready to serve it.