5 Ways to Save on Hair Care
Posted on Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 at 2:12 pm
Do you want sleek, shiny, flawless hair without spending a ton of money on hair care? Luckily, there are ways to get the hair you want without emptying your wallet. Here are some tricks for getting perfect hair for less.
5 Tips for Saving on Hair Care
- Don’t shampoo your hair everyday. Washing everyday actually strips your hair and scalp of essential oils that keep your hair looking beautiful. Washing your hair every 2-3 days will give you healthier hair and save you money on shampoo too!
- If you’re looking for reasonably priced hair products, skip the specialty salon stores! You can find amazing discounts on the same top of the line hair care products at stores such as TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross.
- You can also find affordable hair products at stores such as Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Walmart. These stores usually have different price levels of hair products. Some of my favorite moderately priced hair products include Aveeno, Pantene, and Garnier. I find these products, available at most drug stores, do the job just as well as their more expensive salon quality counterparts.
- If you have oily hair, all you have to do is spray a little water on the roots for a nice lift. Don’t waste your money on expensive lifting products. To deal with the oil, just massage some baby powder into the roots with your fingertips. The powder will absorb the oil and leave your hair looking and feeling fresh.
- To get that naturally wavy carefree look, skip the pricey products and make your own sea-salt water solution. Just mix sea-salts in a spray bottle with water and squirt on damp hair, scrunching hair as you go. Then let your hair air-dry.
- And did you know you can get straight hair or curls with just one styling tool? It’s true, you can curl your hair with your straightening iron. So, if you like to change-up your hair style once in a while, don’t spend money on multiple styling tools – just invest in a good 1″ straightening iron. When you want curls, just wrap your hair around the straightening iron (starting at the roots) and pull down, curling your hair as you go. You’ll have beautiful curls in no time!
- And of course, keep your eye open for coupons for hair products!
These are just a few ways you can save money on hair care. What are your favorite hair styling tricks to save?