10 Fun and Frugal Date Ideas
Posted on Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 4:37 pm
Just because it’s date night doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. In fact, finding ways to have a fun date night on a budget can be exciting and the opportunity to try new things. It just takes a little bit of creativity and enthusiasm. Here are a few fun and frugal date ideas that are sure to be memorable!
Frugal Date Ideas
1. Flea Market: Just because your guy may not like shopping doesn’t mean he doesn’t enjoy the occasional treasure hunt! Hit your local flea market and you may discover each others secret collections or start a new one together.
2. Picnic: Make your own lunch/or dinner and have a romantic picnic at your local park or, depending on the weather, inside your own place. Prepare everything as if you were leaving the house and move some furniture around so you can sit by a window or in the middle of the living room.
3. Indoor Rock Climbing: Check out the local rock climbing gym and see if they have a happy hour or discount day. Sites like Groupon and LivingSocial often offer deals on activities like rock climbing, so get ready for a workout!
4. Drive-In: Search for a local drive-in movie theater, gather your favorite snacks from the grocery store and cozy up. Drive-in’s often offer 2 movies for the price of one, so you’ll get double the entertainment and more cuddle time.
5. Browse for Books: Spend some time together at the bookstore, reading and discussing what you find. It’s a guaranteed way to learn about each others interests.
6. Make your own pizza: Pretend you’re in Italy and make a homemade pizza together. Have fun finding a new pizza recipe that you’ve always wanted to try. Often, buying and making a homemade pizza is more affordable and better tasting than ordering from the local pizzeria. Search for grocery coupons here, to make the night even more affordable.
7. Animal Shelter: Play with animals at a local shelter. The love you give these abandoned animals will boost your mood and spark a discussion about prospective pets.
8. Comedy Show: Boost those endorphins and laugh ‘til you fall out of your seat! Often comedy club tickets are inexpensive and can be comped with a drink purchase.
9. Camping: Instead of spending money on a campsite and all the necessary items, set the tent up in the living room, and watch a free movie or read books. Rent classic films from the local library or better yet, get a free Blockbuster kiosk film with these coupon codes.
Just enter the code at the kiosk and viola! date night is fun and free!
10. Splurge on Dessert: Instead of going all out on an expensive meal, put the money towards a fun activity to do beforehand, and then dress up and go out for a decadent dessert. Check out Restaurant.com for local restaurant coupons.