10 Budget-Friendly Ways to Exercise Outside in the Winter
Posted on Monday, November 14th, 2011 at 10:12 am
It’s officially here! The mornings and evenings are getting colder, and drinking a nice cup of hot cocoa really hits the spot. Now that temperatures are dropping, it’s harder to get the motivation to stay outdoors for more than a brisk walk to the car. However, with the changing seasons comes the opportunity to spice up our outdoor exercise activities. And since the holidays are here, we’d like to save as much money as we can doing things we love with those we love. Here’s a list of 10 outdoor activities that are budget friendly and fun for the entire family.
Budget Friendly Outdoor Family Activities
1. Hiking: Nothing warms you up more than a bit of cardio! Look for more challenging trails to
keep your heart rate up and that blood pumping.
2. Biking: Find some local trails near you and embrace the changing colors of the landscape.
3. Apple Picking: It’s apple season and nothings more satisfying than picking your own apples
to eat fresh off the tree or to save for an apple pie.
4. Dancing: If you just can’t bear the cold weather, turn on some of your favorite tunes and move
that body! Random Dance Party anyone?
5. Ice Skating: Put those ear muffs on and hit the ice like a pro.
6. Sledding: Trekking up a mountain of snow and then sledding down it at record speed is a sure
way to get the kids excited.
7. Snowball fight: Believe it or not, this is a great arm and leg workout!
8. Walking the mall: Stay warm getting your Christmas shopping done early.
9. Farmer’s Market: Stroll the local farmer’s market and burn calories shopping for some
10. Local Festivals: Enjoy the seasonal festivities your local town puts on. It’s always fun to
find unique holiday gifts from local vendors.