Entertaining On A Budget
Posted on Thursday, September 1st, 2011 at 1:12 pm
I have never been the kind of person that needs fancy clothes, an expensive car or things to make me happy but don’t stand in the way of me and a good time with friends and family! Everyone knows that our house is the place where you are always welcome. We often have people drop in on us for dinner or even a weekend with very little notice and we LOVE it! The only problem with this is that it can get a little expensive. Once I saw how much it was costing us I really had to analyze our budget. I quickly realized that if we didn’t figure out a way to save some extra money we were going to have to quit entertaining. Needless to say I came up with a full proof plan to cut the cost on entertaining.
1. Shop the Sales+Coupon’s= Huge savings Make sure you are getting your maximum amount of savings with coupon matchups!
2. Stock up on entertaining essentials(Snacks, Cheap drinks, Pasta, Pancake mix…)
3. Stock up on laundry soap while its dirt cheap or make your own
4. If people offer, let them bring something
5. Always have a list of entertaining things to do in your area that are free or very inexpensive
6. Stock up on a few great local deals in your area.
7. Board games are the best free entertainment!
8. Get active (ride your bikes, play a game of HORSE, hike, boccie ball, horseshoes…..)
9. Embrace you inner child ( Have fun!, laugh about silly things, have a random dance party, have a water fight in the back yard, play games…..)
10. Get cookin’:(Cook off, Bake off, Everyone makes their signature dish…..)
11. Random act of kindness ( Get a group of friends together and do some good! Bring food to a family in need, feed all of the expired parking meeters down town, volunteer on a work project, babysit for a couple who needs a night off……..)
12. Barbecue and watch a sporting event or tailgate!
13. Make smores around your fire pit!
14. Get creative: make your own jam, scrapbook….
15. Have a pool day!
Now get out there and have a blast with all of your favorite people!