DIY Holiday Gifts: Personalized Coupon Books
Posted on Friday, December 9th, 2011 at 8:42 am
Another way to save money on gifts this holiday season is by giving your loved ones homemade, personalized coupon books that will be sure to pamper them and save them some oh-so-precious time. After all, who couldn’t use a little extra time and pampering after the business of the holiday season?
How to Make a Personalized Coupon Book
What You Need:
My favorite thing about making personalized coupon books is that there is no right or wrong way to do it. They are cheap, easy and a lot of fun to make – plus you can let your creativity and imagination run wild on this project! If you scrapbook, chances are you already have everything you need. Here are some supply guidelines:
- Decorative paper.
- Decorations and page accents. These can be anything: decorative letters, buttons, pictures, stickers, glitter, puff paint, ribbon, etc.
- Ribbon, yarn, or a binder ring to bind the book together.
How to Create Your Coupon Book:
Once you’ve collected everything you want to use for your coupon book, you can start assembling it. Assembling your personalized coupon books is simple and fun.
- First, decide how many pages you need and cut the paper to your desired page size.
- Next, write what each coupon/page is good for. For example, “This coupon is good for one foot rub” or “This coupon entitles the owner to one homemade meal of their choice.”
- Now it’s time for the fun part – decorating!
- Bind your coupon pages together and voila! You’re personalized coupon books is ready to go!
Ideas for Personalized Coupons:
Not sure what coupons to give? You’re coupons can be for anything from helping with everyday household chores to offering extra pampering. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A foot rub or shoulder massage.
- A trip to the grocery store.
- A homemade meal, complete with clean dishes.
- A manicure and pedicure (by you 🙂 ).
- A housecleaning.
- Lunch or dinner out at the restaurant of their choice.
Again, these are just a few ideas. Use your skills to tailor your coupons to suit your friends and families needs and wants. Have fun!