Black Friday: Buy Now, Get a Price Adjustment Later
Posted on Friday, October 14th, 2011 at 8:12 am
It’s almost my favorite shopping day of the year – Black Friday! So I hope you are ready to hear all about how to save big with this years Black Friday sales. First, I want to mention how you can save by taking advantage of price adjustment policies on Black Friday. To do this, you will need to plan ahead a little.
As you know, many stores are willing to offer price adjustments. That means if you see an item you already purchased go on sale for less, you can take your receipt back to the store to receive a refund for the price difference. The question is, will this work on Black Friday sales too? The answer is yes, at some stores. Look ahead at the Black Friday sale ads to see if it is worth your while to do a little pre-shopping and price adjusting! When you find a sale that interests you, contact that store and inquire about their Black Friday price adjustment policy. Here’s a simple breakdown of what to do:
- Check the Black Friday ads ahead of time.
- When you see a sale you’re interested in, inquire about the store’s Black Friday price adjustment policy. You might ask something along the lines of “If I buy X now, will you adjust it to the Black Friday sale price later?”
- If the store verifies that they will do the price adjustment, go ahead and purchase the item within the price adjustment time frame. You can find the time frame listed under any store’s price adjustment policy, which is usually located on their website.
- Be sure to hang on to your receipt!
- Take the receipt back to get the difference. It is also a good idea to have the store’s price adjustment policy with you just in case they give you any trouble. The ad showing the sale price may also come in handy.
The advantage of buying Black Friday sale items ahead of time and getting a price adjustment later is that you guarantee that you get the item (many sale items run out fast when doors open on Black Friday) and avoid the Black Friday crowds while still getting the sale price!
The problems with Black Friday price adjustment shopping is that not all stores will advertise their sales ahead of time. Other stores will refuse price adjustments on Black Friday items. Rumor has it that Walmart will not be doing Black Friday price adjustments this year, but Target and Sears will. There are so many variables that it is best to check with you local store for the most accurate information. Good luck, savvy shoppers!