5 Steps to Learn How to Coupon Now
Posted on Thursday, January 8th, 2015 at 10:17 am
What’s your New Year’s Resolution this year? If it includes learning to save money with coupons, you’ve come to the right place! At FreeCoupons.com, we provide you with the newest and best coupons available to print and load to your shopper cards. We even provide you with links to couponing apps that give you cash rebates when you purchase certain items.
Learning to coupon is actually very simple and we’re here to help. It takes some practice but the savings is worth the work. Here are 5 easy steps to get you started now using FreeCoupons.com to save you money!
- Pick up a Sunday Newspaper. Each Sunday, you should pick up a Sunday Paper. About 50% of deals use newspaper coupons, Choose a larger city paper over smaller city papers if possible since these have more coupons than small local papers. At the end of each week, visit our Sunday Coupon Preview page to see a preview of that weekend’s upcoming coupons. Or if you want so skip the purchase of a paper, order your coupon inserts directly from SundayCouponInserts.com and they’ll be shipped directly to your home! Give yourself time to collect newspaper coupons. You won’t be able to take advantage of all the deals right away since many deals use coupons from past newspapers. But keep collecting them each week, and in about 6-8 weeks, you’ll have all the coupons you need to snag every deal that you want!
- Visit our Coupon Matchups page. Before you shop, take a look at the Coupon Matchups we have posted. There you’ll find over 20 stores’ weekly sales matched up with any available coupons that you can use with that sale to make your final price even lower. Simply click on the store you want to shop, and the newest post about that store’s deals will be at the top of your screen. You’ll see the best deals are marked with a STAR but be sure to click the button that looks like this: to see a FULL list of all of the store’s deals that week. The starred items are the ones you want to be sure to buy because that means they’re at one of their lowest prices. Buy as many of this item as you have coupons for and add the items to your stockpile. Then you’ll have the items on hand when you need them instead of having to purchase items as you need them.
- Use our Shopping List Feature: Next to each item in a store’s Coupon Matchups page is a checkbox. If you find a item you want to purchase, check the box and it will add the item to your shopping list. You’ll see your list pop up in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Continue to add items to your list, even from multiple stores, and when you’re finished, you can email this list to yourself. Simply type in your email in the box in the shopping list in your lower right hand corner of the screen. When your list arrives in your inbox, you’ll see all your items, organized by category. Any coupons needed for the deal will also be included. From your email, you can click on each link, print or load the coupon, and prepare for your shopping trip. Easy!
- “Find A Deal” Search Feature: If you are looking for other deals on a specific item, visit our Find A Deal page where you can search for a specific item or brand and see which store has the best deal.
- Use our Coupon Database: If you are wondering if an item or brand has a coupon, simply search for it using our Coupon Database. From there your can print the coupon, load it to your shopper card, or find out which newspaper you’ll find the coupon in.
Happy Couponing! Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you have them!