Student Discounts: Where to Cash in With Your Student ID
Posted on Friday, July 22nd, 2011 at 4:12 pm
Are you a student? Do you have a student ID card? If you answered yes to these questions, then keep reading to find out how you can use your student ID card to save money. Many stores and businesses offer student discounts to students with a valid student ID, but they don’t always advertise these discounts. So, I’ve done a little digging around for you so you won’t have to wonder which stores offer student discounts. All the savings can really add up!
- J. Crew: 15% student and teacher discount on all regularly priced items.
- Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft: 15% student and teacher discount on all regularly priced items.
- Banana Republic: 15% student and teacher discount with school ID.
- Club Monaco: 20% with valid student ID.
- Pier 1 Imports: 15% with valid student ID.
- Old Navy: Although they don’t offer a year round student discount, they do sometimes have special student sales so keep a look out for those. Back to school time (July though September) is a good time to watch for special student sales.
Food and Beverage:
- Subway: 10% at participating locations.
- McDonald’s: 10% at participating locations.
- Burger King: 10% at participating locations.
- Dominos Pizza: Student discount varies. At Participating locations only.
- Pizza Hut: 10-20% at participating locations.
- Dairy Queen: 10% student discount.
- Qdoba: $5 burrito meals for students.
- Kroger: 5% at participating locations.
- Sam’s Club:$40 student membership comes with a free $15 Sam’s Club gift card.
- Local Restaurants and Cafes: If you live in close proximity to a college campus, it is more than likely that some local restaurants and coffee shops offer student discounts. Don’t be afraid to ask!
- Apple: Up to 10%. This might not sound like much, but can certainly add up if you are purchasing a pricey computer for school.
- Academic Superstore (Online): Discounts vary per item. Requires verification of student status.
- Laptops: If you’re buying a laptop for school, be sure to ask about getting a student discount. Many laptop companies and retailers offer student discounts on laptops, so shop around for the best student discount. Computer manufactures that offer student discounts include Dell, HP, Sony, and Apple.
- Software: Most software companies also offer varying student discounts. These include Microsoft and Adobe.
- Cell Phones: Cell phone companies, including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint also offer an array of varying student discounts from monthly bill discounts to phone accessory discounts. Check with your service carrier for more details on their student discount policy.
Entertainment and Travel:
- Regal Movie Theaters: Up to 25% at participating locations (often near college campuses). Many other movie theater chains, as well as local theaters, offer varying student discounts as well.
- AMC Theaters: Discounted student movie tickets on Thursdays.
- Eurail: 35% discount for anyone under 25. If your planning a trip to Europe anytime soon, be sure to take advantage of this amazing discount!
- Museum Admission: Most museums across the nation offer a student discount. Discounts vary.
- Art Supply Stores: Many local art supply stores will offer student discounts, particularly to students taking art classes.
- Magazines and Newspapers: Often offer varying student discounts.
Students can also purchase a Student Advantage discount card for a $20 annual fee and unlock even more student discount opportunities. Just a few businesses that offer Student Advantage card holder discounts are Target.com, Foot Locker, Amtrak, T-Mobile, Barnes&Noble.com, drugstore.com, Armani Exchange, Greyhound, Beauty.com, UbanOutfitters.com, and AT&T. See more participating businesses here. Using your Student Advantage card often can quickly pay off and start saving you even more money.