How to Find Back to School Bargains
Posted on Saturday, July 16th, 2011 at 3:12 pm
July is in full swing which means back to school shopping is already upon us. As I mentioned in “A Month By Month Guide to Grocery Sales,” July is the time to start looking out for back to school items to hit the shelves. Just because it is the beginning of back to school sales doesn’t mean stores aren’t already running some great sales and specials, so get out there and grab the bargains while you can. Since most people wait until last minute to stock up on back to school supplies, now is actually a good time to shop. Back to school sales will continue through August and into September as well, so if something you need isn’t on sale now you can keep checking back for a better deal.
Tips for Finding Back to School Deals
Here are a few more tips to get the most out of your back to school shopping while spending the least amount of money:
- Check the site often for back to school coupons. Printable and online coupons for back to school shopping will be showing up in greater numbers over the next couple months. Also keep an eye open for store coupons in the newspaper and store brochures. If you have a favorite store for back to school shopping, be sure to get on their mailing list (if you aren’t already) so you can be the first to know about their sales and coupons.
- Watch out for inflated prices. If you’re suspicious about a sale price, it’s most likely because the price before the sale was inflated. Know what the items original price should be before assuming it is a good sale price. Stores can be tricky like this.
- Make a back to school shopping list, then create a budget. This will help keep your back to school shopping on track, and away from the extra trinkets.
- Always ask about student discounts. Lots of stores will offer student discounts if you have some sort of student ID.
- I used to feel obligated to do back to school shopping in stores, but if you find a great deal online go for it! Also, take advantage of free shipping anytime you can.