Posted on Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 at 7:00 am
Marinades are great for spicing up some chicken, pork or beef and giving it extra flavor. You might want to consider grilling meat that has been marinaded at your next barbecue. Most people buy bottles of marinade at the grocery store. However, it is entirely possible to make your own! Here are a couple of tasty marinades to try.
Best Steak Marinade in Existence
This marinade recipe, with the boastful name, comes from AllRecipes. It makes 1 and 1/3 cups. You will need:
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1 and 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 3 tablespoons dried basil
* 1 and 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
* 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)
First, put the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. (Add the hot pepper sauce and garlic if you want to). Blend on high speed for 30 seconds (or until the ingredients are completely mixed). Next, pour the marinade over steak. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Completely Foolproof 100% Delicious Grilled Chicken
Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? This recipe comes from Kalyn’s Kitchen. This marinade only has four ingredients. They are:
* 1 bottle of Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (16 ounces)
* 1 package of Zesty Italian dressing mix (powdered mix)
* 1 tablespoon of Spike’s Seasoning (optional)
* Coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
If you don’t know how to prepare chicken for a marinade, I suggest you visit the Kalyn’s Kitchen blog. There are detailed instructions and photos.
To make this marinade, you start by combining all the ingredients together. Mix them well. Put the chicken in a ziploc bag (in a single layer). Pour in the marinade. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 6 hours (or longer).
Best Pork Chop Marinade
This recipe comes from AllRecipes. If you are planning to marinate some pork, why not do it with the Best Pork Chop Marinade? This recipe makes 2 servings. The recipe suggests that you use 2 large pork chops that have been sliced through the middle with the sides spread out like an open book. You will need:
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
* 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
* 2 teaspoons dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
* 1 teaspoon mesquite-flavored seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl. When they are well mixed, pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork chops. Cover the pork chops with the marinade. Squeeze out the excess air and seal the bag. Marinate the pork chops in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.