Check the Store’s Coupon Policy Before You Shop
Posted on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017 at 7:00 am
When was the last time you took a close look at your favorite store’s coupon policy? Stores are allowed to change their coupon policies whenever they want to – and they do not have to directly inform customers of the changes. Here’s a quick look at some grocery store’s coupon policies.
Store Coupon Policies
Safeway operates Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, and Carrs. Albertsons operates ACME, Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaws, Star Market, and Super Saver. Safeway and Albertsons merged in 2015.
The last time Safeway updated its coupon acceptance policy was in July of 2015. The coupon policy applies to all of Safeway and Albertsons stores. You should take the time to read it over. Here are just a few things in it:
* Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem two or more manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
* Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
* Check with your local store regarding “double coupon” promotions where customer will receive the manufacturer coupon face value off the regular or club card price up to the identified limit. Not all locations offer double coupon promotions and the terms of such promotions may differ by time and store.
* Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. We will only accept coupons issued by Safeway or the manufacturer of the relevant product. We do not accept reproductions of coupons.
* Safeway will not accept manufacture coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through a Catalina or other in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer’s logo or name unless that coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer’s purchase transaction is is sold and available at the store.
* We will not accept coupons unless they have an expiration date. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
* We will not accept coupons that, in the determination of Safeway personnel, appear distorted or blurry or are altered in any way.
* Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
* We accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
* Internet printed coupons must be capable of scanning at checkout.
* We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacture coupons.